To be the leading Asian symposium that aligns synergistic relationships and developments in the fields of Business, Engineering and Technology (BET).
To create a sustainable, dynamic and impactful ecosystem, which brings academics, practitioners, policymakers to address BET opportunities and challenges to create socio-economic value for Asia and beyond. The overarching aim being, within the ASEAN Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) and the United Nations Strategic Development Goals (UNSDG contexts), to address:
- Global Challenges (Water and Sanitation, Health and Well-being, Climate action)
- Sustainable Engineering and Innovation for Productivity
- Balancing the Norms of Society, Government, and Industry Challenges
The primary goals, for partners and stakeholders, of the symposium are to develop and promote:
- BET research and developmental activities
- Collaboration and scientific enquiry
- Policy informing knowledge and resources that promote agile responsiveness
The founding partners, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Institut Pertanian Bogor Indonesia and the Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, are committed to cross-disciplinary research of new and disruptive technologies across the BET and beyond that engages with practice and policy, to identify and address opportunities and challenges within the ASEAN region and beyond.